October 20, 2011

This is the Intro

Hello there!

My name is Patrick Holt, and I'm a public librarian working at the Durham County Library in Durham, NC. I'm also a lifelong comics lover, and I've decided, once-and-for-all, to formally merge the two interests and declare the professional goal of becoming a Comics Librarian. This blog will be my way of thinking out loud as I sort through the awkwardly overlapping worlds of libraries and comics. I hope to generate ideas and questions that will help me better understand and communicate the issues at hand; with that in mind, I hope to hear from anyone who wants to pose questions, call shenanigans, or otherwise jump into the conversation.

Something you probably won't find here is discussion of comics for children and young adults / teens. It's not something I oppose by any means, but it's just not my specialty. Thankfully, there is a lot of good work being done in these fields, including quite a lot by my own co-workers.

On occasion I may also nerd out about my interest in science fiction, spy novels, and this way cool Amish-vampire-romance I can't wait to start! Also art, design, music, movies, tv, video games, board games and so on. (Fear not: all will be tagged appropriately!)

Looking forward to it,
Patrick

1 comment:

Kirill! said...

I like it! Also, shenanigans!